All eyes on you
Smokey eyes: highlight the windows to the soul.
A classic look that never goes out of fashion: the smoky eye. This is the look of choice for those who want to emphasise the eyes. After all, they are the window to the soul. Follow our tips to achieve the perfect smoky eye.
Why choose the Smokey Eyes look.
The smoky eye has been a make-up sensation since the 1920s. Back then, the eyes were rimmed with soot – hence the name. Today, you can achieve the ultimate seductive smoky eye with our Eye Definer and Eyeshadow. This look is a classic eye make-up choice for a night out with friends, a party or your big moment in the spotlight.
You can also create our Smokey Eyes look with lighter colours for a more subtle effect, making it equally suitable for a daytime event or business meeting.
How to achieve the Smokey Eyes look.
Our Eye & Brow Palette could just as well be called the Smoky Eyes Palette, as it contains all the shades this look requires. It also contains a little brush that is perfect for application. Our Eye Definer is also a must-have for this look. What else will you need? Some Volume Mascara for dramatic lashes and our Foundation, Concealer and/or Loose Powder to perfect your complexion. Then all eyes will truly be on you.
Get the look:
1. Nourishing base: The right daytime skin care for your skin condition
2. Complexion: Apply Foundation, Concealer and Loose Powder to even out the complexion and cover imperfections
3. Prepare the eyes: Apply powder to improve the durability of your eye make-up
4. Brow & Lash Gel: Shape the eyebrows and prepare the lashes
5. Eye Definer: To visually thicken your lash line, draw a fine line with one of the two Eye Definers and gently blend the line with the back of the pencil
6. Eye & Brow Palette: Apply the third shade on top of this line with a thin brush
7. Volume Mascara: Apply to the upper and lower lashes (two coats on the upper lashes)
8. Lips: Apply some Lip Care Stick or Lip Balm
Good skin care is essential for good eye make-up.
Be kind to your eyes and take good care of them – especially when using eye make-up. Pamper them during the day with our Daily Hydrating Eye Cream or Eye Balm and make sure you remove all make-up at night. Before your moment in the spotlight – and even more so afterwards – you can refresh your eyes with our cooling Eye Revive. All our eye care products have been ophthalmologically tested and are also suitable for contact lens wearers.